This music is free and may be downloaded, shared, copied, scattered, smothered, and covered for personal use only. In lieu of paying for this music for your own listening pleasure, please consider a small donation to JDRF. They are doing great work to eradicate Type-1 Diabetes, which affects my son, and you can probably claim it on your taxes and feel good about yourself in the process!
You can stream the full album here. You can also download the mp3s via my Soundcloud page free of charge. Click the button below then for each song click the little download icon. And please consider a small JDRF donation!
In lieu of paying for this music for your own listening pleasure, please consider a small donation to JDRF. They are doing great work to eradicate Type-1 Diabetes, which affects my son, and you can probably claim it on your taxes and feel good about yourself in the process!
If you're a Dell employee, log into the Powering The Possible website on the corp network to donate. They will match everything raised!
I've submitted the album to a bunch of platforms that you may like using. Each is different but they should be live now. Hey, it's free via SoundCloud but some people just love their platform.
This album is dedicated to my beautiful & talented wife, Jen. When i told her i wanted to get these songs down, she told me to do it and do it right and didn't bat an eye at any late night studio trips or checks written for the project. i love you!
drums, percussion, harmony vocals on "Right Now With You" & "Coffee Cup"
electric & upright bass
keyboards, piano, organ, wurlitzer, accordian, harmony vocals on "Coffee Cup"
electric guitar on "Everyone But Me"
- Chris West: saxophone
- Jon-Paul Frappier: trumpet
- Oscar Utterstrom: trombone
harmony vocals on "Right Now With You"
vocals, acoustic & electric guitars
"A Shot In The Arm"
Right Now With You
You Left Me Hanging
4th of July
Was It Only A Dream
Everyone But Me
All songs written by Charlie McCarter except as noted
All songs published by Crushed By A Dwarf (BMI), except as noted
*Written by Charlie McCarter and Bryan Landers (BMI)
**Written by Charlie McCarter & Edward O'Day (ASCAP)
Copyright 2013. All rights reserved. May not be licensed, sold, or used publicly without express written permission.
Produced by David Lemonds and Charlie McCarter
Engineered by David Lemonds for Elite Productions
Mastered by Eric Conn at Independent Mastering
Recorded at Dave's home studio and in various studios & bedrooms in TN & SC, with additional vocal recording at EM2
Horn arrangements by Chris West
Album graphic design, photography, and layout by Erick Anderson
Website by Nat Guy
Charlie would like to thank:
- Jen, Duncan, Lila, & Rufus: my beautiful family
- Mom & Dad, James & Lisa & the girls, & my McCarter, Kerns, Sloan, & Fairall families: love, love, love
- The Biscuit Boys: Steven Sandifer, Scott Simontacchi, Boo Walker, & Drew Breakey...& Bryan Landers: thank you for always pushing me to be better
- Dave Lemonds: couldn't have done this without you, bro - thanks for being a great partner, drummer, & friend
- Dave Santos: stories & jokes amongst the bass notes
- David Pinkston: is there anything you can't do?
- Edward O'Day: thanks for the Steely Dan bridges
- Michael Flynn: magic in those fingers & ears
- Mike Sivilli: "Tone for Days"
- The Junkyard Horns: Chris, JP, Oscar: thanks for the tiny basement tracks
- Jason Roller: the Magic Shack man!
- Julie Lee: love you, your voice, your art, & your presence
- Bryan Landers: thanks for redesigning my song
- Paul & Ryan Westbrook: thanks for helping me start this project long ago – you guys rock (& roll)
- Kent Wagner: thanks for allowing me to learn from your collection of music
- Paul Lohr: thanks for taking a chance on me & the ongoing education
- Mark Montgomery: a truth-teller if i ever knew one - thanks for the musical, personal, & professional generosity
- Alex Sejdinaj: tracking in a foreign space made easy
- EM2 Studio: what a beautiful place
- Clyde Padgett: this project is largely in part a success for me based on what i learned from our previous project - thank you
- Middle TN JDRF: thanks Mary Lyn & Alex - very proud to partner with y'all - find that cure!
- Nat Guy: yes, master...err...webmaster
- Erick Anderson: a true friend & great designer
- Dell Inc & my great co-workers for giving me the means to self-fund this
- My friends, extended families, & all the music venues in Greenville, Charleston, & Nashville
- Special thanks to my many musical buddies I've shared homes, stages, & rehearsals with over the years – there's a lot of you!
Dave would like to thank:
- Charlie for allowing me to work with him on his bucket list - Also the great musicians who made my job so much easier.
- Mark and Alex over at EM2: you guys rock!
- Pete Young at Studio 19 for being that extra set of ears for me.
- Last but not least, my studio dog Claudette!
Friends & Band Friends
- Julie Lee
- David Santos
- EM2 Studio
- New Frontier Touring
- Project Daybreak
- Scott Simontacchi
- Bryan Landers
- Chris West
- Slow Runner
- Independent Mastering
- Magic Shack Demos
- EA Foto
- Find Your Flo
- Boo Walker
- DPS Locating
- Hedges Family Estate Wines
- Allen Thompson
- Don Gallardo
- Steep Canyon Rangers
- House Recordings
- Erin McDermott
- Nathan Thomas Band
- Ball Hog
- Sarah Siskind
- The String Dusters
- Shovels and Rope
- Derek Hoke
- Nashville Public Television
- Off The Wagon
- Punch Brothers
- Rich Mahan & The Cocktail Heroes
- Patrice Jegou
- Americana Music Association
- Nat Guy